September is National Suicide Prevention Month. Here's what you should know
During September, which is National Suicide Prevention Month, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation continues its focus on the wellness needs of our Coachella Valley residents and ways to provide support.
Week Three (September 13-19) - Focus on Recovery
This week and throughout the month, we look for Supportive Transitions -- ways we can "Reconnect, Re-enter and Rebuild" knowing that "Recovery is for Everyone: Every Person, Every Family, Every Community." Join in our activities linked at the bottom of the page and share your participation on social media using #PEISEPT2021 and #RUHSRecoveryHappens2021.
If you or someone you know is in need of suicide prevention support options, please review the information below. These options provide helpful information on the signs and symptoms of suicide and linkages to supportive services.
Help is available. You do not have to navigate this in isolation.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Common-with-Mental-Illness/Risk-of-Suicide
- Safehouse of the Desert – What’s Up App: https://youtu.be/PgMxyYJ-J0s
- Up2Riverside.org: https://up2riverside.org/hotline/
- Connect IE: https://connectie.org/search/text?term=Suicide%20Prevention%20&search_type=program&postal=92240&language=en
- RUHS – BH: https://www.suicideispreventable.org/
- RUHS- BH: Take My Hand Peer Support https://takemyhand.co/
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
Check out these opportunities to reconnect, re-enter and rebuild for the future (Please click on the links in bold type) :
Calendar (Discover activities related to National Suicide Prevention Month and National Recovery Month.)