Senior Development Officer
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive donor development strategy. Working collaboratively with a diverse and wide array of internal and external stakeholders, this position manages a robust fund development portfolio of current and potential donors, grants, and other resources, in support of the District’s mission.
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ability to clearly and compellingly articulate the mission and importance of the Desert Healthcare District & Foundation’s goals. Ability to speak to the District and Foundation’s program priorities with clarity and confidence.
· Create, plan, implement and staff events and/or special projects in support of fundraising priorities and leadership engagement; adapts engagement plans as needed.
· Keep accurate records of calls, relationship information, development strategies and goals.
· Work in partnership with colleagues to build and maintain current donor profiles.
· Establish and maintain strong professional relationships through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; works with executive leadership to identify, solicit, and secure donors and prospects.
· Solicit gifts directly, and develop other senior colleagues to support solicitation efforts.
· funding opportunities and grants.
· Partner in the organization’s strategic planning and programmatic evaluation processes.
Other duties may be assigned. The duties listed here are typical examples of the work performed; not all duties assigned are included, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or the equivalent; a degree in Business Administration or a similar area of study is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related professional experience at a senior level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, tools and strategies used in stakeholder engagement, assessment, planning and evaluation, and strategic planning.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- The ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- The ability to make persuasive and compelling presentations to the board, high level stakeholders, and the media.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, constituents, internal and external stakeholders, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Solid experience with computer skills in email and calendaring applications, and in using word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and database software.
Other Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects according to established organization criteria and protocols.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and compelling manner with stakeholders of every level.
- Demonstrated results in securing funding from the private and public sector, including foundations and other philanthropic organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, foster and sustain professional relationships with donors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small staff team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to produce quality work in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
This position requires travel locally, regionally, and statewide up to 50% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will sit, talk, hear, and use hands up to 2/3 of the time. The employee will stand and walk up to 1/3 of the time. The employee is routinely required to carry and/or lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This position requires the flexibility to work weekends and evenings as needed.
Pay range is $70,000 to $100,000 per year.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Please direct inquiries and applications by email to DesertHealthcareDistrict20@gmail.com.