MISSION:To achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents.
Connecting Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness services and programs through resources and philanthropy, health facilities, information and community education, and public policy.
GOAL #1:Ensure access to high quality hospital care at Desert Regional Medical Center.
- Develop a strategy to comply with OSHPD 2030 seismic retrofit requirements.
- Complete a 10 year DRMC and LPMP facility plan which includes supporting the development of DRMC as a teaching hospital.
GOAL #2:Support the practices and policy changes needed to achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve health of all groups within the Coachella Valley.
- Improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the healthcare system in the Coachella Valley including the establishment of the “medical home” model.
- Support the development of a strong, local healthcare workforce.
- Support and facilitate the development of medical education programs in the Coachella Valley.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Covered CA) in the Coachella Valley.
- Support healthcare delivery models and outreach and education programs to help address healthcare disparities within the Coachella Valley.
- Support mental health prevention, early intervention, and treatment.
GOAL #3:Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all groups.
- Support the elimination of food deserts in the Coachella Valley.
- Support the increase of the percentage of fruits and vegetables available through food banks and pantries in the Coachella Valley.
- Support the increase of the availability and/or number of neighborhood facilities that support health and well-being.
- Support the adoption of “Health Element” in all CV cities’ general plans.
GOAL #4:Promote and support healthy development and healthy behaviors across all life stages.
- Support the prevention and management of chronic diseases.
- Support the prevention, early intervention, and treatment of substance abuse.
- Support the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Support a reduction in accidental injuries and deaths.
- Support evidence-based practices which help to establish the foundation for children and young adults to achieve their optimal health status across their lifespan.
GOAL #5:Increase the resources and revenues of the District to help achieve its goals and objectives.
Actively partner with public, private, and foundation entities which support the improvement of health outcomes of Coachella Valley residents.
Approved at March 3, 2014 Board of Directors meeting