District presents new proposed zone maps
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation is hosting public hearings this spring and next fall to give valley residents opportunities to review proposed maps that divide the District into geographic zones. Residents' participation is key to the process to redraw the District from five to seven zones.
District Board appoints new Zone 5 Director
Arthur S. Shorr of Palm Desert brings to the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board a great deal of experience in the healthcare industry, in which he's worked since 1970. He served in executive management positions, an international healthcare consulting firm he founded and managed, and on hospital governing boards. He replaces Director Jennifer Wortham who retired in April.
District votes Les Zendle new Board president, looks to fill Board vacancy
Board elects 3 officers, begins appointment process for new Director
Rezoning process launches with public hearing
Board President Explains Expansion Measure
We believe every resident in our District deserves:
- Access to health education, disease prevention and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services
- The opportunity to participate in District matters through access and input to the board
We support positive health system change via:
- Incorporating best-practice methodologies where possible
- Encouraging accurate outcome measurement by benchmarking, monitoring and evaluation
- Supporting innovative new practices and programs
- Fostering collaboration and partnerships